Monday 12 December 2011

Handmade Monday - Christmas Cards

I'm afraid this week was definitely a case of killing two birds with one stone.  I've been very busy with my shops just lately which is FANTASTIC but it has left me with little time to 'playsew', so apologies for the lack of all things 'sewy' recently and today is no different. I had lots of cards to make and Handmade Monday to prepare for. So I'm just going to share a few pictures with you of some of the designs I've made so far....







From quite traditional.......

















to a little more clean and simple.....




I love this rustic creamy card stock!




Can you see the sponged edges? I used a cherry red



My 'corner rounder' punch is my most used punch!






........and probably my own personal favourite....just because I had so much fun, masking and sponging.....




Pretty little Poinsettas stamped in a cherry red on a sponged cherry red background




.......stamping and scoring......



Can you see the score lines?



.......and embossing!


Shiny, shiny Christmas!



After a few weeks of a total lack of festive feeling I am now fully in the throes of festiveness.


Even my younger son who hasn't crafted for yonks suddenly got a creative urge over the weekend, I think it's infectious at Christmas isn't it? I love it when this happens, just to see how happy he was snipping and sticking.




Tree is up!



Anyway must press on, although I've got a visit to Wendy's blog first to see what those other Handmade Monday ladies have been up to.  If you fancy a visit to my Folksy or Etsy shops there are still some things left :)

Thank you for coming to say hello and welcome to some new followers, nearly 100, how exciting!



19 comments:

  1. Your cards are lovley Caroline - I do like cards that don't have lots of embellishmetns on them and yours are jsut right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab cards Caroline - I love handmade cards, they are so special and personal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caroline I love your cards, i think my favourite has to be the 'clean and simple' one. I can see why you like the cherry red one so much, it's very effective and looks like it was fun to make ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think in a lot of cases less is def. more and your cards have just proved it. I love the classic look. Having said that I also love receiving the VERY Christmassy ones with lots of glitter etc., they give the house a very festive look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Caroline:
    We love your cards. The designs are all so cleanly cut and simple which has enormous appeal for us. The cherry red is a perfect choice for the festive season and how lovely it is that your family are also getting caught up in the preparations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favourite is the 'clean and simple' one, but I would be delighted to receive all or any of them. Christmas is a pain isn't it - it gives you all that extra work, just when you are doing more at home too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely cards. Just my cup of tea. And I love my corner punch too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cards are just lovely, I too love the one with the pink flowers but they're all fab. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the card with the green Christmas trees - you are very clever. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are lovely....well done you!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW - handmade cards, you are amazing! Love the 'clean and simple' one.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another one with a lot of beautiful cards, love the 3 block one with the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The cards are really lovely - I like the clean and simple one (though it doesn't really look that simple to make). Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cards and my favourite is the last card too. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the cream based card. Everything about it is so intricate and really careful. Know where to come for cards next year... since I kinda forgot this year... Just telling everyone I've gone green this year lol

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous array of cards Caroline! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A great selection of cards, I haven't put my tree up yet, maybe over the weekend. :o)

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I do love your cards, they are so clean and professional looking! Just awesome. I'm sure everyone who gets one is delighted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like you had great fun with your cards. they are pretty and they are... so me :)

    love everything with christmas font on it - cards, tissue papers, wrapping papers, stickers, decorations, stamps...

    ReplyDelete