Thursday 27 October 2011

Kindle love

I wasn't going to post today but then I got all excited when I made this kindle cover and I couldn't wait to show you.







Love them or hate them it looks like the ereader is here to stay. I use one, let me rephrase that, I steal my OH's sometimes, when it's not glued to his hand, but I also so enjoy the smell of a new book when you open the front cover for the first time.







A kindle needs a little more TLC when in the nether regions of one's handbag and that's where this little cover comes in handy with it's lovely light padding. I'm about to post it on Folksy & Etsy so make sure you pop over to have a look.











I always carry something to read with me just for those snatched moments when I find I'm waiting around and have a little time on my hands, (usually for one of the boys), but I'm always happiest reading, curled up with a cuppa.








Where do you like to do your reading?



7 comments:

  1. That is adorable. Love everything about it; the colour, the applique and the lining. Gorgeous AND practical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, as always! I'm going to make some Kindle covers as I can't help but think they'll be popular this Christmas! It's going to be fun choosing the fabrics and deciding on embellishments.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely kindle Cover Caroline, once I've caught up after my jollies I've got kindle covers right at the top of the list along with gadget cosies thinking of the Christmas audiences! This one is lovely, Keri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have a Kindle (my husband does altho I think he's using his Ipad more and more) but this is just adorable. I wonder if I could make something manly enough for him tho! LOL However, I think more and more of the girls in my life are getting Kindles, bet these would make outstanding gifts! You are just too clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been toying with the idea of getting one myself. Love the cover though. Looks just like me, I am always eating and drinking coffee at the keyboard. Wicked girl that I am.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is lovely Caroline. I don't have a Kindle yet but I'm thinking about it. I do most of my reading in bed - except when I go on holiday and read in the sun! Thinking a Kindle would be so much easier to pack :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. First Kindle Cover I've come across! I do love your ideas - Nancy

    ReplyDelete