Wednesday 3 August 2011

Granny Square Gorgeousness

Morning all. A bit of an update post today. For those of you who were wondering, my love of crochet continues unabounded and I just wanted to share a work in progress picture of my Granny Square Blanket.





At the moment, squishy piles of colourful squares which I hope to transform into a warm winter snuggly. It's coming along and I would definitely say I've got the hang of crocheting a Granny Square. My biggest step of course will be joining them altogether, something I have never done before but am relishing the prospect at 'having a go'. I've already seen several other crochet projects that I'd like to get my teeth into but I'm being very good and staying focussed on my blanket for the time being.

What have you been up to?




9 comments:

  1. Hello Caroline:
    Your plump piles of squares do seem to be increasing at a very pleasing rate although we have to admit that we feel rather concerned at just how many of these are needed for a complete blanket!! How disciplined of you to keep focussed on the task in hand. Our minds would have been wandering at the second row of the first square!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure the blanket is going to look gorgeous, i'd love to be able to crochet but at the moment I can just about manage a basic knit stitch and i'm easily distracted too! I look forward to seeing the finished result

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogland is so full of lovely crochet I really feel I must learn sometime! Congratulations on all the hard work - it's going to look super!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely squares! I like the selected colour palette, I'm sure it will be a gorgeous blanket. Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely scrumptious pile of squares! I always crochet mine together, rather than stitching them together, as you get a better finish and the squares sit nicely together, Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are lovely - fabulous colours. Please post the finished blanket. What yarn did you use?
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could crochet but with all of the sewing I've got on at the minute maybe it's one to wait to learn til later ha ha! I have been finishing my dress for my Nanna's Diamond wedding, trying out a bit of FME (feel free to pop over and have a look) and completing a few orders too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Caroline,
    You are doing a grand job there, I knew you would soon have that blanket done!
    I have been side tracked doing some decorating lately but am back to the squares again, think it will take me a good while yet though.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. With a blanket like this I might not mind the evenings drawing in! Vx

    ReplyDelete