Thursday 15 September 2011

Fun with My Big Shot - Sizzlit die

Now there's a catchy title if ever there was one! Welcome to  another post, all about cards today! A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to be given a set of new dies for my Big Shot by my lovely friend. They basically consist of upper and lower case letters (courier font) with numbers  0-9 and a few little added extras, like a button (squeal!) a heart and an @ sign to name but a few. Boy did I have fun! I can only show them to you now as everyones birthdays have passed. Take a look......


For my amazing mum!


Roses stamped in red ink, cut out and laid onto a beautiful striped grosgrain ribbon


 
A card for my lovely niece



and a card for a 'best mate' who's mad about his PC
 

I've mentioned before that the Big Shot dies cut through a number of materials, however it's important to point out, before you all rush out to buy this sizzlit die, that this particular (smaller die) type seemed only able to cope with felt, I did try out on other scraps of fabric but was unsuccessful.  I love making cards and am so looking forward to getting my supplies in for Christmas, sorry I mentioned the dreaded word, but that is genuinely one of the great things I love about the build-up to the big day.

After reading yesterday's post my mum was careful to point out.....

"I hope you realise I used to have the Crystal comic every week and of course the annual at Christmas, I can even remember when it first came out, I was one of the first Crystal fans!"

So that particular find really struck a chord with her - how lovely. And that her dad, my Grandad, "was partial to a small loaf of Procea bread which was very light in texture". I knew there was some reason I was drawn to that tin! 
Now a little tease.......



A vintage fair button and a crocheted flower. Come back in a few days and I'll show you what I've been up to.


7 comments:

  1. Hello Caroline:
    Your handmade cards look very pretty. How wonderful to be able to decorate them in such individual ways. They are so much nicer when personalised so we are sure that the recipients were delighted with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cards. I dabble a bit but no comparison. I do prefer to receive a hand made card I must admit. I feel as if the sender has really thought about me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the cards are so well made and look lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely designs! I've not got anything like that, but I can see you are having hours of fun with it, those letters are fab! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must say I sometimes get very envious of people who have a die cutter - I love the cards you have made with the letters. And if it cuts felt, that's a bonus! I am intrigued by the button/crochet flower and will be waiting to see the reveal!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Caroline,
    Your cards are simply gorgeous, I think anyone would feel special to have a card made so beautifully and with such care especially for them. I know nothing about die cutters so am intriqued. x
    Ps
    Hope you got my e-mail ok, our internet has been on and off all week, it could have something to do with hurricane Katia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are wonderfully inventive with your card-making Caroline - the last one is brilliant for a teen. Vx

    ReplyDelete